Pages

Reflective Tape Ideas for School Kids

On Alaska's dark mornings I think it's more important than anywhere else in the US that are kids can be seen when walking to school. I know they handed out reflective tape at many schools in Anchorage recently and I think it's an awesome idea and so proud that the community took that innitiative. So I wanted to give people a few creative ways to use the stuff!

Backpack Straps: I know a lot of parents already do this, but I thought I'd put it on the list anyways. Just line the tape along the straps of a bookpage. It's convenient. Your kids ALWAYS have their backpack going to and from school and it easily reflects because it's always on the outside of clothing.

Parka Zipper Pull: Take two peices of tape and a string, Tape the peices together with the string in between. Attatch the string to a keychain ring, and then attatch the ring to a zipper. It's a cute zipper pull that reflects light!

Bracelets: I make these and sell them on ebay. These work GREAT for teens. Basically just take them and attatch them to a bangle bracelet that they can wear around their sweatshirt sleeve or coat sleeve. I made mine with felt and have attatched a picture of them. They look kind of 'construction-y' but work REALLY well and I love giving them out to kids in the village because they where them and it keeps them safe!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment