Pages

Fighting Colds, Naturally

I've never been a huge fan of medications... as we all know by now. And around this time every year the stuffy indoor sick usually brings some sort of sickness upon me. And I know how hard it can be for people in the bush to get actual medical care. So I thought I'd share a few of my tips on fighting colds naturally.

Sleep: Whenever I get sick, I burrow away under the covers and sleep- for as long and as much as I can. I wrap up in a hot blanket and let myself sweat. It's the quickest way to break a fever, and the sleep is what your body honestly needs to get better.

Eat Vitamen C: like it's going out of style. I eat oranges, suck on cough drops with vitamen C, stock up on cloudberries, and go nuts on all citrus fruits. It soothes my stomache, my throat, and my immune system.

Drink Tea With Honey: Honey is a great way to fight colds and tea helps soothe your throat. Whenever I have a sore throat the first thing I do is make a pot of tea. No better way to get your voice back ASAP.

Organic Tea Blend Sampler by Marble and Milkweed

Inhale Evergreen Steam: If I can get to a spruce tree, I'll take a branch (about the length of my forearm) and when I get home put the needles in a pot of water. I'll boil it for about five minutes and then take a towel, cover my head over the pot, and inhale all of the steam. It helps clear your mucus, soothes your sinuses, and the fresh scent wakes you up (so you don't feel so drouzy and dizzy). If you have to go to work sick, try starting out the morning with this- it will honestly help you feel better throughout the first half of your day. Try again at lunch time (if you can find a spot to do so) and it'll help you get through the second half too.

No comments:

Post a Comment